Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Channelling Chanel

As you may already know, I painted my nails last night. I've had this concept in my mind for a couple of days and finally materialised it last night. I'm quite happy with the way that they turned out.

This is inspired by Chanel's Noir et or Paris-Shanghai Collection released a couple of months back. The whole gold and black thing is absolutely gorgeous, in my opinion anyway. So I'm here to brainwash you. I bought OPI Bling Dynasty a while ago and was always dying to try it out. I got my chance last night!

It'd be a good idea to show you my inspiration first.
Image imported from www.musingsofamuse.com
See her nails? I particularly like the black tip but not the round, pointed shape. So I've revamped the design! With 2 coats of the gorgeous Bling Dynasty and its perfect application plus coverage. Bling Dynasty was released part of OPI's Hong Kong Collection. It is quite a unique gold. Reminds me of those antique gold jewellery that belongs to some ancient civilisation. Its a good thing. There's also a vintage vibe to it. I then added a black tip in Revlon Black Lingerie because it is a true black.
2 coats of OPI Bling Dynasty, Revlon Black Lingerie tips
Awesome tips, no? Ignore the smudge on my ring finger. It is definitely not a good idea to feed your cat when your nails are still wet. But because I was lazy and cut on time, I used a manicure tip guide. The guides can be found on Ebay for next to nothing. They are so simple and effective. However, I do recommend sticking the guides onto your hands a couple of times to remove most of its stickiness as it is the excess stickiness that will ruin your manicure. This is what I call beauty on a budget, pat on the back for me.

I think the design of the tips would also make awesome looking strawberries. Green tips with pink or red base and golden bullions for seeds. Now that's an idea.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

iron man!!!

Anne said...

Iron man's red.
This is way better than anything Robert Downey Jr could do :)

Dana said...

You make me smile! I love your nails and this design. So much more Coture than the Model! I am living my nail fantasy thru you cause my nails break off!