Sunday, September 19, 2010

What happened to black?

I know what you're thinking, "How come you have so much time to paint your nails?" I don't think I'll answer. Otherwise I would sound extremely lazy.

So yesterday was Sunday. I bought Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter yesterday. When I got home, I applied it religiously. I'll continue to use it for a week then maybe I'll write a review on it. This entry is actually dedicated to showing off my well hydrated cuticles. They look splendid right now.

I used OPI Jade is the New Black from the Hong Kong Collection. I've only just gotten around to using it now. There are still so many colours that I haven't worn yet. The application was easy breezy. 2 coats was enough for a smooth and opaque finish. I've only worn this for 2 days so I can't safely say that this doesn't stain. I remember my crappy experience with China Glaze Four Leaf Clover. It stained my nails like crazy even with basecoat.

According to numerous nail polish gurus, Jade is the New Black is a 100% unique colour with no dupes or twins or siblings. I just like it for the colour. It looks like a forest in the Northern Hemisphere on a foggy day. Yes it has to be Northern Hemisphere because I'm picky like that.
2 coats of OPI Jade is the New Black
My beautifully hydrated cuticles. The colour is much more true-to-life on the close up. Can you tell that I cut my nails? I chopped off so much...

No comments: