Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The golden age

Since I have over a week until Physics, I'm left with quite a few hours to do nothing. I made these nails for the darling Samantha. Thank you for being my first customer. She had requested them to be Steam Punk inspired. Although these were kind of out of my comfort zone to create, I have to admit that I did have lots of fun making them.

It was a spontaneous process. I didn't have any plans and just whacked things down without really thinking. It was a good way to get over the awful Maths exam, I guess. I love how the little gears look together with the pointed, chrome rhinestones. I also took apart one of my old watches for the clock handles. The aggression was soothing. The acrylic stars that I was making came to good use. I just couldn't resist adding one oversized, statement piece. The fan reminds me so much of Sam.

I used a white base coat. Then a coat of a copper bronze franken that I've made using Revlon's Copperglaze Platinum. 4 coats of OPI Glizterland followed. China Glaze Medallion was added to the thumbs for that extra bit of sparkle dazzle. Nail glue was used to stick down the fan and stars. Topcoat took care of the rest. I think I've used a quarter of a bottle of topcoat for this because I'm a paranoid nut, scared of the rhinestones coming off. Enough of my rambling, check it out for yourself. Caution: lots photos ahead.

All these were completed last night. Oh it was a glorious night spent in front of the television. I've missed my TV so much.

8 comments:

Christie said...

Wow Anne you are amazing! Pretty, talented and smart (wow Physics!). Good luck for your remaining exams.

Amy said...

Omg anne...can I be your next customer? LOL T_T After HSC?!

Jenny said...

Omg... Great work! Slightly reminds me of Blade Runner though :P
Looks really good, I love the thumbs!

Anne said...

Thanks guys and dolls :)
I could make nails for formal? I guess this is something to consider :D
If only this would be counted as part of the HSC..

Nelly said...

if designing nails was a subject for the hsc, youd be #1 in the state !

Joanna said...

Anne never disappoints :)

Jeanine Ly said...

gasp you MADE these? Love the fan and just everything! New followerr ;)

Sorbet said...

Me like it^^