Friday, October 22, 2010

Ski on water

Lately, I've been really sluggish and quite DS-dependent. Yet I manage to squeeze in 6 hours of maths per day (which is agonising). I still don't understand what I'm doing half the time. I don't feel motivated enough to do anything, exemplified by the fact that I only have one hand painted. I also keep dreaming about English. They are all really similar dreams where I'm studying for another English exam but nothing would go into my head and I keep reciting my history and memory essay. Last night was the 4th time that I had that dream. It is quite terrifying.

On a much brighter note, I marbled the nails on my left hand. This was actually the first time that I've marbled straight onto my nails. I've always done it on fake nails because I thought the cleaning up process would be a nightmare if I were to dip my finger into nail polish. But with the help of Vaseline, the whole process was so quick and easy.

I started off with 2 coats of OPI Ski Teal We Drop as base. Then I used various shades of green: China Glaze Four Leaf Clover, a green franken made by mixing China Glaze Sky High-Top with China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, OPI Jade is the New Black, some more OPI Ski Teal We Drop and Zoya Ivanka.
The thumb reminds me of a watermelon. Overall, I think this was rather successful. OPI Ski Teal We Drop is such a gorgeous colour. I especially love how it doesn't make my skin look more yellow than it already is. The white powery thing on my thumb is left over acrylic powder. The moulds that I've ordered off Etsy had arrived so I was making acrylic stars.

I'll definitely make a marbling tutorial soon.

5 comments:

angel said...

anne, put a chatbox gadget on your blog so i can send you quick, handy messages :D

Jenny said...

I watched a marbling tutorial the other day! And OMG I wanna do ittttt. Look's so cool :):) hmmmmm I'm not sure I'd ever be that bothered though.... Hmmmm maybe I'll do it now actually.. :)

Jenny said...

Does this mean one hand is green and the other is black...?

jo&bee said...

Hi beautiful pls do my nails for the formal <3

Anne said...

Angel: I don't really have space :(
Troll: My right hand is bare LOL like my face.
Jo: We shall if time allows us :) I'll be moving around that time so everything is going to be thrown together into one big fine mess (am I witty or what, Angel?)